Top web tips for your business:
Some general guidelines:
1) Buy your own domain name. If your current web designer or any other third party buys your domain name for you then they, not you, will have ultimate control over your website. This is a business risk and should be avoided at all costs. If you already have a domain name don't change it unless you really have to.
2) Don't be tempted by the 'free web hosting' offers for a business web site. You will have little or no control over performance, maintenance and robustness.
3) Make your content rich and compelling. Give away your secrets, tell your potential customers everything about the benefits of your services.
4) Promote your website everywhere. There are many ways to promote your site which are completely free, e.g. always have a link to your site at the bottom of every email your business sends out (called a 'signature' in Outlook). Ensure your web address is on every piece of print including ads, press releases, invoices, quotes etc
5) Avoid template pages and use a web designer wherever possible. You can do it yourself, but if you want a site which works on all browsers, is easy to navigate, loads fast and is search engine friendly then you'll find it is a steep learning curve to create a professional site by yourself.
Include your contact details on every page of your site, more than once if the page scrolls, which reminds me: David Hymans 07545 884153!